It has been one whole month in the making and Happstack 0.2 is finally here — a lot of love has gone into this release!
Get up and running easily with cabal install
A lot of thought has gone into making Happstack more approachable for the newbie. Assuming you have cabal-install up and running and either ghc 6.8.3 or 6.10.1, you can just:
cabal update && cabal install happstack
happstack new project myproject
Open up your browser to http://127.0.0.1:8000 and enjoy a neat guestbook example application you can play with! (Much thanks to Jeremy Shaw for help with this)
What else is new?
- Generalization of the SimpleHTTP library to ease the pain of wrapping and unwrapping WebPartT’s and ServerPartT’s (Thanks to Daniel Rogers)
- New experimental gzip filter in happstack-server (similar to apache mod_deflate)
- Cookie fix from happstack-helpers was integrated
- HSP & HStringTemplate integration (see the examples in the guestbook app)
- New combined logging format for Happstack.Server.SimpleHTTP
See the CHANGELOG for details
The documentation for toplevel functions has been expanded greatly, much of this work being done by none other than Creighton Hogg. A fresh new version of happstack-tutorial will also be released soon which has details on Multimaster Replication.
Detailed Happstack 0.2 Release Notes have been created which explain how you can port your existing HAppS 0.9 or Happstack 0.1 application. Beyond that there is alot of other very useful information inside. Take a look!
Andrea Vezzosi (Saizan) has created Haddocks for Happstack 0.2.